Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lacevember quiz!

Ahh, Lacevember. How I love how you motivate me.

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting?
Two or three years? It probably would have helped if I kept a journal, hey? ;)

How did you learn to knit?
Grammy taught me when I was little. But I didn't have the attention span for it. And I was getting upset that my stockinette was curling. I picked up a book later and retaught myself.

Favorite thing about knitting?
It's soothing and makes me feel productive.

How long have you been knitting lace?
One of my first projects was lace. I didn't know lace was supposed to be difficult, so it never was for me.

Favorite thing about knitting lace.
It keeps me amused longer than stockinette does. And it's pretty!


The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn?
I might have a little bit of an obsession with Jaggerspun Zephyr.

Variegated or solids for shawls?
Solids! Variegated yarns obscure lace patterns!

Favorite lace color?
I'm not that picky. The usual suspects (blue, neutrals, burgandy, but maybe not so much pink) are just fine by me.


Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights?
Circs. Love the flexibility.

Favorite lace knitting trick?
Understanding how lace patterns work make your life so much easier. You won't have to refer to charts or patterns and mistakes are so much easier to identify and fix.

Lifelines? If so with what?
Ha! I like to live life on the wild side.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet?
At the moment, it's just sewing pins. When I move back home to Vancouver though, you'd better bet some sweet blocking wires will be moving in with me.


Pattern, or can you follow directions

shawls or lacey items?
Either works for me!

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls?
Again, not picky. (Are we noticing a trend here?)

Charts or printed instructions?
Charts!

Favorite lace you've knit?
The Flower Basket Shawl is so pretty.

Favorite lace you want to knit?
I'm still in limbo about the state of my Kerry Blue Shawl, so I'm going to count that as something I still want to knit.

Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor?
Smores. Yum.

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red.....






(That was your answer up there!)

Coke, classic or with lime?
I don't drink Coke! (Okay, maybe I'm a little pickier than I implied.)

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves?
I'm indifferent. But maybe that's cause I don't have to listen to any this year! ;)

What is the definition of irony?
Sitting on your knitting needle by accident while explaining to your significant other that it's not that bad, it's an organised mess, you know where everything is.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
I don't know. Maybe we should do tests. I suggest you all send me Tootsie Pops. The more the better. We'll be able to get a better average with a lower variance that way.

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door?
How old's your son. Does he bathe in smelly stuff like my little brother does? That might be why.

What is your superhero power?
My ability to sleep through anything. Including the cops breaking down the door of the apartment across the hall. (Our place really isn't that sketchy. Those boys just got in a bar fight with the wrong people.)

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be?
Probably blue.

What's for dinner tonight?
Whatever the delivery boy brings.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain?
I bet it's a Tonka truck.

1 comment:

Jennus Interruptus said...

Ah! I go away for a week and look at all that I miss... I loved the picture set! The shawl looks beautiful, too, and so does the sweater that you are about to rip.