Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Momma's got warm feet

Finished Hederas!

Pattern: Knitty's Hedera
Yarn: Lang Jawoll Superwash in the oh so attractive colourway named 83.0135
Needles:
1.75 mm Inox DPNs

A day before Lacevember ends. That was close. And I have to say while I love the socks and all, I'm not proud of the fact that it took me almost a month to finish them, particularly since I had the first one within a couple of days of the cast-on.

But the pattern is great. The lace is super easy to memorise and the fact that the heel is a little longer than the usual heel means that the gusset is longer, which means that the sock stays interesting longer (can you tell I'm easily bored?).

The yarn is also great and I love the little spool of reinforcing thread (though admittedly I was so used to knitting without the stuff that I almost a heel turned before I remembered it... rip, rip, rip). And I think the colour suits the pattern nicely. The straight up and down of the lace pattern seems more masculine than the Baudelaire socks that I had wanted to make originally, and I thought the navy blue lent itself to that purpose well.

But what next? Mariah is still a mighty attractive prospect, but that would also mean that I would have to figure out how to get the charts and whatnot printed. And I think I still have a pair of socks in me. Time to get digging though the stash...

P.S. I find it kind of creepy that right after I posted that picture of my Hederas to Flickr, it had 4 views. Do foot fetishists frequent flickr too or something?

7 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Nice socks. It's okay to be bored, really. Sometimes it is boring. And you're so busy and overstimulated in so many other parts of your life, maybe you're just shutting down? Mariah would look great on you!

Anonymous said...

Nice socks :) I can print out the Mariah charts & send them along with my pacakge for you.

knottygnome said...

the stitch pattern looks very elegant in navy. great socks!

Knittypants said...

Those are so pretty, and I like the color, really shows off the lace.

Danielle said...

I don't think the socks look masculine, especialy if you pair them with a cute grey skirt and mary janes. Or even with a pair of jeans, they'll look cute.

And yes that is creepy that they had 4 views that quickly. You might want to keep a look out for that flickr sock group, you never know who's lurking. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Maybe you're just a knitting superstar...

Sarah said...

Nice Hedera!

Lovely job!