Thursday, August 31, 2006

Neglected

I haven't updated in a while because, well, I've been busy. (Ahahahahaha the first two times I tried to type busy, I typed busty.... You know you've got the sense of humour of a two-year-old when....) Since my last post, I've packed, flown to Hong Kong, applied for my new Hong Kong ID card, gotten my visa for China, and (get this!) gone to the gym 3 times. Did I mention that my family is very concerned about fitness? Talk about being the black sheep....

Because I've been busy, I haven't had time to take many pictures. But Eric's been asking so I'll be taking the camera out with me today. However I do have an FO.... May I present the Paisley Lace Shawl!


Paisley Lace Shawl



Pattern: Paisley Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark, Interweave Knits Spring 2005
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr in Mulberry, less than 2 2oz. cakes.
Needles: 3.5 mm Inox circs

This took me a while despite the fact that it was a fairly easy knit. Or maybe it's because it was an easy knit that it took me so long. That centre portion? Had the chart memorised by about the fourth repeat. The border wasn't that complicated either. And there was no fussy picking up of stitches or anything. It was just straight-forward knitting.

The blocking was easy too. (Please excuse the crookedness of the shawl in the above picture. This was taken after the shawl had already been blocked and used.) I just washed the shawl and then pulled it a bit. However the finished shawl was a little small. I like how the stitches look at this level of pulled out-ness (I'm sorry I'm getting technical here... ;) ) and didn't want to make it bigger. Thus the shawl looks small on me. However, it is perfect on its petite recipient, my six-year-old sister. Heh.


Close-up of paisley pattern

Paisley detail

Somewhere on the shawl

Near the border, with the little one's leg thrown in for good measure.

I have to go swimsuit shopping today. Yesterday was unsuccessful. I got some wicked shades though. Eric would say that I looked like a bug.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perttyprettypretty! I really have to work with Zephyr some day.
Are you in HK now?

Knittypants said...

It's lovely! It's such a pretty shawl.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've really been busy - but also so productive! I really love the shawl you've been doing, it's so pretty and elegant - great work!

Jennus Interruptus said...

I can't believe you're there already! But I love that you're still such a diligent blogger... *poke*

That's a gorgeous shawl, and it makes me really want to crack open a cone of zephyr if stupid Durrow wasn't kicking my butt so successfully and I could just finish the darn thing.

Oops. comment jack. Gorgeous shawl. :) Your sis is a lucky girl.

Stefaneener said...

I'm glad you're there and ready for the adventure. And what knitting. Impressive all you get done. You shame me. I must blog. . .

kokostiletto said...

Brittany ! I miss you so much! Where are your blogs about Beijing???

Teyani said...

beautiful shawl !
thanks for your comments on my blog as well - I don't have your email, or I would have written back personally.
Your spinning is looking great.