Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stick a fork in it...

They're done!

Anastasia socks

Pattern: Anastasia socks
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Country Garden
Needles: 1.75mm Inox DPNs

I got this yarn from an awesome SP and I love it. I think I've already waxed poetical on it, but I honestly cannot get enough. The yarn was amazing; it was a delight to work with and the colours worked up beautifully. As much as I appreciate pooling because of it being the nature of the beast, this was so much easier to deal with because I wasn't stressed out about colours stacking on top of each other.

The pattern was also great. Simple, easy to remember and worked well with the yarn. I did adjust my short-row heel in that I did it over about 60% of the stitches. I also adjusted the total number of stitches on the foot and leg, to adjust for my own foot size and the fact that I like a tight fit in a sock.

The real triumph in this is the fact that it was finished despite this:

Torn nail

After the screams subsided, I trimmed my nails and wrapped a bit of tape around the tear.

The solution

Much better.

As an aside, China's gone and blocked blogger blogs again. Boo.


mle said...

Gorgeous socks! I've been wanting to make that pattern really does justice to colorful yarn!

Emma said...

They look beautiful. Isn't CTH the best? I love it too.

Queen Frogger said...

Lovely socks but that nail looked painful!

Knitting Bandit said...

I finally learned how to do a short row toe, so I'm ready to cast on my Anastasia's!! Yours look great! I always pass on Cherry Tree Hill, I may have to take another look at it after your Rave reviews.

bitterbabe said...

Aww Brit I miss you so much!!!! Your knitting looks beautiful - hope you are enjoying Beijing still - can't wait til you get back and we can have a reunion!

Jennus Interruptus said...

China's blocked blogger? Whaaaa? Lovely socks, though! That much I understand!