Tuesday, February 28, 2006

An FO and secret pal goodness

I promised FO pics and here they are:


2006 - Feb 28 013


The specs:

Pattern:
Pretty Comfy Socks
Yarn: 1.5 balls Elann's Sock It To Me Esprit in wine
Needles: 2.75 mm Brittany birch DPNs

It was a pretty easy knit and the stitch pattern was easy to memorise because it's so darn logical. Having said that, the thing that I don't like about this pattern is that within minutes, it starts to sag. I had hoped that the elastic in the yarn would prevent that. Maybe I just have fat legs. ;)

Parting shot:




2006 - Feb 28 016


In other news, I have pics of SP goodies! Yay! My SP included three lovely hanks of goodies I haven't worked with before, two hanks of a super soft silk 2 play in a wonderful eggplant purple and a hank of Brown Sheep Handpaint Originals in "Stormy Skies".


2006 - Feb 28 027

This picture is kind of dark, but you get the idea. And bonus! My head's in the mirror. Please ignore the frown. I was trying not to shake too much. Why are my hands so shaky??? Tips anyone?

Next, here is a picture of one of the balls of yarn I bought in Hong Kong:


2006 - Feb 28 025



The aloe vera plant is obviously hungry. Given our lack of green thumbs, it's a miracle it's alive.

The yarn? To be honest, I'm not sure of the manufacturer name. Fantasia Ski Yarns maybe? The yarn is called Calliope. Slightly darker than the picture but you get the idea. I also scored some Rowan Kidsilk Haze at a great price but I can't seem to find it. Given how messy the stash is right now, am I surprised?

And finally, I've finished knitting the Luna Flickering Flames skirt but ends need to be woven in and it needs to be blocked. This is what it looks like now:


2006 - Feb 28 020



There is only one problem... I don't think there's enough room in the apartment to block it! *smacks head* It may end up taking a trip to grammy's, who actually lives in a house! (But who am I kidding, I'd hate to live in a house. I love being a 5 minute walk from the downtown core. )

That's all for now kiddos.

3 comments:

Knittypants said...

Your socks are so cute, lovely color.

Stefaneener said...

Welcome home! Nice shopping, and the I even knit!pink socks look good.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog ; ) The Things were relatively quiet today. i even knit!

Can't wait to see the skirt all done and modeled.

Stefaneener said...

What I can't do, obviously, is type. I think I was having help of the juvenile kind.

I do like the socks, though. Living in a house with yarn-eating plants might worry me.