Saturday, November 25, 2006

I have been doing things. Honest!

Just mostly not knitting-related. My heart, the dear SO came over to visit for 2 weeks and most of my time was spent making the most of the short time that I had with him. We went and hit a bunch of the tourist spots in Beijing. We didn't manage to do it all, but in all likelihood he's coming back to see me again soon. (Some of the photos from our travels are in here.)

But now he's gone (*sniff*) and to console myself, last night, the first night I've had alone for 2 weeks, I skipped school, put on Scrubs DVDs and knit.

Finished Fetching

Pattern: Knitty's Fetching
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Possum Worsted in Bluestone
Needles: 3.25 mm Aero DPNs

This is such a fast knit and the yarn is lovely, soft and warm. Both the pattern and the yarn are great. However if I were to do it again, I wouldn't do this with the same yarn. As you can see in the close-up of the cable below, the yarn is somewhat fuzzy, which obscures those lovely cables somewhat. Another adjustment I might make is to make the mitts a little longer. I like my fingers a little more covered up than they are with these mitts.

Fetching cable

I would post a picture of Hederas, but they don't look that different from before. I need to get my bottom in gear if I'm going to make the Lacevember deadline.

P.S. That FO photo illustrates one of the reasons why it's good to have the other half around, other than the fact that he's my other half. He takes nice photos, and he'd probably be able to take a picture of my hands better than I am able to.

5 comments:

Kathleen P said...

Hi. Your blog popped up when I was surfing about trying to find knit stuff in Beijing. I'm newish here, trying to buy yarn and keep knitting. Any Beijing knitting / yarn buying tips? I found a cozy hole in the wall yarn shop opposite the Meishuguan this week, so yarnI can find but I'm having a hell of a time with the vocab--I've got all these english-language patterns but it turns out you can spend most of a decade in chinese class without learning how to say 'merino' or 'cable needle'.

kathleenpoling@yahoo.com

Stefaneener said...

It's nice to have a good visit, and the re-entry afterwards is hard. At least you'll have cozy hands. I'm sure you're incredibly busy. Nice to have a picture of an FO

Trillian42 said...

Lovely Fetchings! And how sweet of the boy to come visit!

Knittypants said...

Your mittens look great. I'm glad to hear you had such a nice visit.

Anonymous said...

The fetchinds look great. I love wearing mine. I'm glad you had such a good visit!