Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm baaack...

I'm back and freshly jet-lagged (hence the 3 AM post)! Whoo hoo!

The restrictive Internet access (i.e. the lack thereof) was frustrating. However, it did mean that I ended up finishing some projects. I'll save the finished projects for tomorrow (or maybe later today?) when I get a chance to photograph them, but I will admit there were also a few projects that went to the frog pond. Notably my Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers (gauge was off and I didn't have smaller needles... grr!) and the padded footlets from Interweave Knits Summer '05.

A note about the padded footlets pattern. It's ingenious! You end up with a double thick sole and the author is nothing short of brilliant for coming up with it. However it is a PAIN to knit. It got to the point where I realised that it just wasn't worth it - it should have been a more mindless knit than it was. So rip, rip, rip...

I did also manage to go shopping in Hong Kong. Really, it would be blasphemous not to. You cannot go to Hong Kong and not shop. However this time going back the focus was yarn. I will post pictures tomorrow, but I certainly got some deals!

I wonder if I'll be able to sleep now?

Off to try catch some zzzzz...

No comments: