Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm a flake

I admit it. I've always been a bit of a procrastinator. Hanging out with flaky musical types in my younger years obviously didn't help. The summer's gone so quickly and it's now only a week until I leave to go back to Beijing for another year. Hopefully, by the time I get back to Beijing, they'll have taken blogger and flickr off the block list.

But I did promise pictures and I will deliver. I got a brand new camera the other day so pictures in the next little while are likely to be bad. You've gotta give me a little time to figure out how to use my new Olympus digital SLR.

Without further ado, I present to you the newest bit of handspun off the bobbin.

Handspun

It's mill-ends hand-dyed by myself. The roving looked awful. The yarn looks much better than I had anticipated. I had expected the worst, and while the yarn isn't really to my taste (it's very pastel, pinks and purples), I think it's pretty. Even better, my sister thinks it's pretty. I'm not sure of the yardage as I'm a few thousand kilometres away from my niddy noddy, but I'm sure there's enough for a scarf, and hopefully enough for some mittens.

I've got other things I'm working on, but the biggest thing I'm working on right now is reducing the size of the mess in my room, in preparation for leaving Vancouver next Friday. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

mikomiao said...

it's so pretty! can't wait to see the other stuff you're working on. how's your summer going? we have missed you here!

i hope they won't block Ravelry in BJ - did you get on the waiting list yet?

Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn :)

knottygnome said...

your handspun looks very nice.

you were right--the pink and green roving that i'm spinning up now does look a lot better on the bobbin. but i'm still waiting to reserve judgment til it's plied, as it might still end up a muddy brown. we'll see.

Stefaneener said...

It's so eeeeeeven. Sigh.

Sometimes the roving makes great yarn, and sometimes great roving makes so-so yarn. Odd.